In Europe, there are nearly 2,000 self-proclaimed Sustainable and Responsible Investment (SRI) funds. However, there is no universal norm that guarantees the extra-financial quality of these funds’ approaches. At BNP Paribas Wealth Management, our SRI team’s role is to select the best SRI funds based on extra-financial criteria to create an offering for private clients.
IN A NUTSHELL
BNP Paribas Wealth Management Responsible Investments Solutions
- In 2017, BNP Paribas Wealth Management reached €12 billion invested in Responsible Investments, which has grown by 50% every year since 2011.
- In Belgium, BNP Paribas Fortis Private Banking offers Socially Responsible Investments (SRI) as first and preferred proposal to its clients. With a volume of more than €7 billion, they are market leader in SRI. They link their SRI footprint with local impact by supporting yearly around 20 social projects by being the main financial sponsor of the Venture Philanthropy Fund of the King Baudouin Foundation.
- In Italy, management fees of their SRI fund helped finance the “Telethon” initiative.
- In Asia, clients have now access to a sustainable equity discretionary portfolio using the SDG framework from the United Nations.
- The Directional Portfolio Management offer integrates impact solutions.
Hear from some of the world's leading entrepreneurs on their sustainable and impact investments.
DISCOVER OUR SUSTAINABILITY LEADERSHIP PROGRAMME AT CAMBRIDGE
WHO WE ARE
Since 2007, we have developed a real expertise in SRI and Impact Investing. Our specialists select products that provide social or environmental value-added and financial performance, and propose a range of services to assist you in your responsible investment initiative.
We use a proprietary tool to analyse various criteria – fund purity; quality of the Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) approach; transparency; voting and commitment policy; sector and normative exclusion policy – in order to ascertain just how seriously a fund takes into account environmental and social issues.
In order for you to ascertain the real impact of your portfolio, our team will also provide you with:
- Detailed diagnosis of your portfolio,
- Guidance to help you re-orient your portfolio towards greater impact,
- Bespoke counsel on a targeted impact choice.
BNP Paribas Wealth Management is a leading global private bank and the largest private bank in the Eurozone. Present in three hubs in Europe, Asia and the US, over 6,800 professionals provide a private investor clientele with solutions for growing and transferring their wealth by creating long-term value for them, their family and the society in general. The bank has €377 billion worth of assets under management (as at 31 September 2018).